Thursday 21 February 2013

How To Hard Boil Eggs Without Water


image source


Hard boiled eggs are little compact nutritious snacks in their own natural packaging. I like to keep them in the fridge for an easy on the go snack or to throw in a meal.
When I went on holiday last year I use to grab one from breakfast in the morning and take it with me for a snack later on in the day. I have memories of walking around Russia looking at the beautiful sights all while holding egg shells in my hand because I couldn't find a garbage bin - nice!
This is a fun tip I came across on The Eat Clean Diet website. Instead of boiling some water just turn your oven on!
This takes a bit longer then the normal boiling time but the bonus is that you can do a lot at once. The eggs are also creamier and I find them easier to peel.

Hard Boiled Eggs Without Water

Directions:
  • Set oven to 160C
  • Place desired amount of eggs straight onto the oven shelf or in a muffin tin and cook for 30 minutes (They are easier to get out of the oven when in a tin.)
  • After 30 minutes remove eggs from the oven and immediately place in a bowl of ice cold water. 
  • Allow to cool before peeling.


Let me know if you give it a go and what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment