Sunday 11 November 2012

Savoury Salty Almonds


Another week gone and I feel like I've been a little MIA. I had a quick mid week trip to Gibraltar for a dancing job. It was another reminder to be as organised as possible with food. I am in the habit of bringing food for the plane journey but what I now need are ideas for good snacks to pack for when I get there. Things that will last without a fridge and are allowed to be brought into a different country. This often restricts things such as fruit and nuts which is a shame because nuts are one of my favourite and most easily transported snacks.

I came across some amazing almonds earlier in the year when I was in Tallinn, Estonia. In the streets they sold amazing roasted almonds in sweet and also savoury flavours. The smells were incredible. My friend Amy and I tried the savoury variety by a company called "Gourmet Monk". Delicious to say the least! I've wanted to recreate them for so long and I finally have. So here is my recreation of Gourmet Monk Salty Nuts, an awesome on the go snack.





Savoury Salty Almonds

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup almonds (100g)
  • 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
  • 1 Tbsp dried dill
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 fine sea salt

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 180C and line baking tray with baking paper.
  • Mix together the dill, garlic, onion and salt in a small bowl.
  • Place almonds in a seperate bowl and pour coconut oil over the top. 
  • Mix the almonds around until they are well coated with oil.
  • Pour dry herb mixture over the oil coated nuts and mix around until they are evenly covered.
  • Spread the almonds out on the baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn halfway through cooking.
  • Let cool and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment