Monday 19 November 2012

Courgette, Tomato and Basil Frittata



Do you ever find yourself making and eating the same things all the time? It's easy to get caught in a routine and then become bored of what we eat. I was trying to think of something I could make to mix things up a bit. While I eat eggs all the time I thought of something I hadn't made in a long time, frittata! 

I made these in muffin form because I thought they would be easier to just pop in a salad or eat on the go. They have come in really handy while I've been away from London this week. You can throw in whatever flavours you like. And even though I used egg whites you can definitely use whole eggs or even a combo of both. 



Courgette, Tomato and Basil Frittata

Ingredients:
  • 350ml egg whites (12 egg whites or 6 whole eggs)
  • 1/2 courgette
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 tsp basil
  • sea salt to taste
  • coconut oil

Directions:
  • Preheat over to 180C.
  • Chop the onion and courgette and add to a fry pan in a little bit of coconut oil. Add basil and sea salt and cook for about 5 minutes.
  • Spoon the veggies into 6 silicon muffin cups. 
  • Evenly pour the egg whites over the veggie mixture into the cups. It should roughly be about 4 tbsp of egg whites per cup (or two egg whites or one whole egg)
  • Slice the tomato so you have at least six thin slices. Pop one on top of each frittata. 
  • Place in the oven to cook for about 20-23 minutes. Check the centre is cooked before removing from the oven. 
  • Can be eaten warm or cold.  


No comments:

Post a Comment