Monday 15 October 2012

Easy Peasy Olive Dip




I love having a variety of dips, sauces or spreads in the fridge. It's a really easy way to add some variety to your meals or snacks. 


When I first went sugar free I had to look at the ingredients of every single product I was going to buy. It sounds tedious but after a while I did a quick scan and the word sugar would jump out at me as if it was in bold writing so it became quick and easy. 

I couldn't believe how many things had sugar in it! Ok maybe some things only had a dash in, but I was going cold turkey - no sugar at all. So if it was listed I wasn't going to eat it.

Have you looked at the ingredients of dips, sauces and spreads sold in supermarkets? If you haven't I suggest you take a look, you will be amazed how many have sugar in the ingredients, as well as additives, preservatives and other unpronounceable things. 

So I say make your own! This is probably the easiest dip I've made. I love love love olives and if you do too, you will love this dip. 

Spread it on crackers, lentil bread, dip veggies in it or spread on top of fish or chicken. 





Easy Peasy Olive Dip

Ingredients:

  • 200g (about 2 cups) pitted black olives
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • half a red onion
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz away until combined. That's it!

Tip: Do not use olives packaged with salt, or if you do make sure you thoroughly rinse them otherwise the dip will be way too salty. (I learnt this the hard way!)


Spread on top of green lentil bread




No comments:

Post a Comment