Saturday 29 September 2012

Taste Testing

Happy Saturday! If you have been following my blog you will know that every Saturday I like to post a sweet, sugar-free recipe. I love experimenting and making treats on the weekend so I thought Saturday would be a great day to post something new to spark some inspiration for those of you who like to do the same. 

If you've missed any of my previous recipes (like the ones below) you can check them out on my recipes page under Sweets

   

    



Today I don't have a recipe for you because I have been a little busy with a project I'm involved with at the moment! First a little background information...

The first food blog I ever found (before I really understood what a blog was) was Diet Dessert and Dogs which is run by Ricki Heller; a writer, baker, anti-candida crusader and lover of all things canine. She creates clever and delicious recipes without refined sugar, mostly gluten-free and 100% vegan (which comes in very handy when making things for my egg-allergic boyfriend.) This blog was my life saver when I first decided to ditch sugar and I have learnt SO much about sugar free cooking, baking and many ways to still incorporate treats in my diet. 

Ricki has a top selling cookbook which came out back in 2009 called Sweet Freedom featuring many desserts without refined sugar, wheat, eggs or dairy.  And now, much to her reader's delights, she has announced she will be bringing out another cookbook! 

So as part of her recipe selection process she likes to have the recipes tested by many people to may sure they are top notch. And to cut it short, I was selected to be part of her team of testers! This means that each week we test a new recipe and report back on how it went and what we thought. Pretty cool hey! 


This was the first one: 


Raw Chocolate Fudge Topped Brownies


All I can tell you is delicious! This weekend's task is a sugar-free, dairy-free Chai Spiced Cheesecake... it's a tough job! 

You can check out other delights that my fellow testers have been creating on Pinterest or head over to Diet Dessert and Dogs for lots and lots of equally tasty recipes. 

Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment